Published in the journal Environmental Epidemiology in December 2021, the HEAP project paper introduces the HEAP informatics platform that will integrate an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS: computational resources services for storage and computation) and a Platform as a Service (PaaS: software services for managing and analyzing data).
Published in the journal Genome Biology in February 2022 by the Work Package 8 team from the University of Innsbruck.
The findings imply that there are multiple epigenetic clocks, many of which are tissue-specific, and that the differential tick rate between these clocks may be an informative surrogate measure of disease risk.
Published in the journal Computer in July 2021 by the Work Package 7 team from the Medical University of Graz and the Work Package 2 team from MLCF Foundation.
Practical guidelines for those applying artificial intelligence to provide a concise checklist to a wide group of stakeholders.
Published in the journal Computer in February 2022 by the Work Package 7 team from the Medical University of Graz.
An argument for using causability in medical artificial intelligence (AI) to develop and evaluate future human–AI interfaces.
Published in the journal IEEE in February 2022 by the Work Package 7 team from the Medical University of Graz.
A 5-step approach for developing personas to support human-centered design of AI applications, with practical examples from personas development for AI solutions for digital pathology.
Published in the journal New Biotechnology in September 2022 by the Work Package 7 team from the Medical University of Graz.
Description of concepts and examples of how explainability and causability are essential to demonstrate scientific validity, as well as analytical and clinical performance for future AI-based IVDs.
Published in the journal Nature, Scientific Reports in July 2022 by the Work Package 3 team from the Karolinska Institute.
Description of “HPV-meta”, the first open-source pipeline aiming to specifically detect HPV transcripts in RNA sequencing data.
Consumer purchase data
Published in the journal BMJ Open in June 2022 by the Work Package 4 team from the Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen.
Protocol for a population-based inception cohort study aiming to investigate the underlying mechanisms for the heterogeneous course of IBD, including need for, and response to, treatment. Environmental factors and quality of life will be assessed using questionnaires and, when available, automatic registration of purchase data.
Published by Springer Nature Switzerland in March 2022 by the Work Package 7 team from the Medical University of Graz.
Standards and tools for biospecimen quality management must be democratised for biorepositories in a variety of settings to have a truly global impact on research.
Project reports and public deliverables
This document defines the life cycle and governance framework for all data to be collected, processed and generated during the HEAP project.
Produced by the Medical University of Graz, Austria
The HEAP project reports are all available on Zenodo...
- Martin Boeckhout, Evert-Ben van Veen. (November, 2022). Report on databases mapped - Human Exposome Assessment Platform (HEAP), Public Deliverable 2.1. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7337451
- Negru, Stefan, Törnroos, Juha. (December, 2020). Reference Architecture - Human Exposome Assessment Platform (HEAP), Public Deliverable 10.1 (Version 1). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4570439
- Coombs, Heather, Roux, J., Volatier, C., Berger, A., Kozlakidis, Z.. (February, 2021). Human Exposome Assessment Platform (HEAP) Scientific Poster (Version 1). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4564589
- Coombs, Heather. (February, 2021). HEAP stakeholder analysis - "Persona" profiles (Version 1). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4564551
- Coombs, Heather, Berger, Anouk. (February, 2021). Overview of the Human Exposome Assessment Platform (HEAP) project - powerpoint presentation (Version 1). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4561722
- Heimo Muller, Roxana Merino, Stefan Negru, Martin Boeckhout, Evert-Neb van Veen. (May, 2020). Human Exposome Assessment Platform - Data Management Plan (Version Final deliverable). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4043111