Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to the Human Exposome Assessment Platform (HEAP) project. This privacy statement describes the HEAP project’s policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ information through the HEAP project website.
WHAT IS THE HEAP PROJECT?
HEAP is a 5-year project funded by the European Union (EU) Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme. The project’s 12 Work Packages will be delivered by a consortium of partners, including some of Europe’s leading medical universities and research institutions. As one of nine projects in the European Human Exposome Network, HEAP is committed to collaboration and to sharing results and outcomes.
IARC manages the HEAP website. An overview of all project partners can be found here.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE HEAP PROJECT COLLECT?
Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the HEAP project site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the website that referred you to us, the files you download, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Collection of personally identifiable information
If you register for a newsletter, to access a learning resource, request information, provide feedback or join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, email address, country of work, or area of expertise.
This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various databases and mailing lists. It will help the HEAP Education and Dissemination team to prioritize, design and develop resources that are relevant to you.
The HEAP project is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of third-party sites, including sites of the projects that are part of the HEAP project.
WHAT DOES THE HEAP PROJECT DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Normal website usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the HEAP project site is used to analyse trends and usage of the site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information.
Personally identifiable information
The HEAP project may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you;
- Remember your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site content most relevant to you;
- Perform statistical analysis.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will process information concerning you if you have given us permission to do so (art. 6.1.a GDPR).
WHAT IF I DON′T WANT TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Providing personal information on the HEAP project site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the HEAP project site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as register for a newsletter.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
- Information and access: on your request, we can inform you which personal data are held by us and for what purposes.
- Rectification: you can let us know if you wish to rectify any inaccurate personal data.
- Erasure: at your request, any personal data will be deleted.
- Restriction: at your request, the processing of your personal data will be restricted if you believe the data is being processed unlawfully or improperly.
- Object: you can object to the processing of your personal data at any time. Your personal data will then no longer be processed by us.
- Portability: if you wish your personal data to be sent to a third party, you can contact us at elearning[at]iarc.fr.
PERIOD OF RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is held no longer than necessary for achieving the goals for which your personal information is needed.
OPTING OUT AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by contacting the HEAP website focal point, Heather Coombs via elearning[at]iarc.fr.
All the persons who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of official business matters, including personal data.
The HEAP project site contains links to external sites. HEAP project is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from a web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles.
It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by HEAP project sites by changing your browser settings. Different websites can send their own cookies to your computer. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a website to access the cookies it has already sent you, not the cookies sent by other sites.